How long does the warranty on my Bottecchia bike last?
All Bottecchia products are guaranteed by law for 2 years (24 months) from the date indicated on the proof of purchase issued by the authorized retailer. For the pedal-assisted bikes of the BeGreen line, the 2-year warranty is valid for all mechanical parts and the electric motor, while it is 1 year for all electrical/electronic parts including batteries.
Who can recognize the warranty on my Bottecchia bike?
Requests for assistance under warranty must be submitted to the retailer where the purchase was made. If this is not possible, you can contact one of our authorized resellers showing proof of purchase. In this second case the retailer has the right to request a refund for transport and labor costs.
Are there any costs not covered by the warranty?
The guarantee by Bottecchia Cicli does not include labor costs, transport costs and any consecutive costs caused by defects.
When is the warranty no longer valid?
A prerequisite for the guarantee is correct use of the bicycle and good maintenance. A check is recommended within the first 500 km or four months from purchase and general maintenance carried out at least once a year by the Bottecchia dealer. Specifically, the warranty is no longer valid on:
– products purchased from an unauthorized Bottecchia retailer.
– products whose identification codes have been removed, altered, canceled or made illegible.
– parts subject to normal wear.
– damage caused by abuse or improper use, incorrect assembly, incorrect or insufficient maintenance, accidents, blows, corrosion, use of aggressive cleaners, use with incompatible products, repairs not carried out correctly.
– the effects of exposure to UV rays (fading, yellowing).
– the effects of the saline environment.
– products that have undergone modifications.
– products that fit non-original spare parts.
– aesthetic defects that were easily detectable at the time of purchase of the product.
I purchased a used bike from a private individual. Is the warranty still valid?
The warranty applies only to the original purchaser and is not transferable.
What documents are needed to enforce the warranty on my Bottecchia bike?
Proof of purchase (invoice or sales receipt) is required for the warranty.